11 Irish Proverbs about DownAll Irish Proverbs | Proverbs about Down
1. If you come up in this world, be sure not to go down in the next.
2. There's no need to fear the wind if your haystacks are tied down.
3. If you lie down with dogs you'll rise with fleas.
4. A hungry ass keeps her kicking end down.
5. Get down on your knees and thank God you're still on your feet.
6. It is not a matter of upper and lower class but of ups and downs.
7. As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.
8. Irishwomen have a dispensation from the pope to wear the thick ends of their legs downwards.
9. Where comes a cow the wiseman lay down, there follows a woman, and where comes a woman follows trouble.
10. It's not a matter of upper and lower class but of being up a while and down a while.
11. If God sends you down a stony path, may he give you strong shoes.
Proverbs about Down
Quotes related to Down by Power Quotations