21 Irish Proverbs about HouseAll Irish Proverbs | Proverbs about House
1. Bricks and mortar make a house, but the laughter of children makes a home.
2. Better fifty enemies outside the house than one within.
3. Better one house spoiled than two.
4. Its no use going to the goat's house to look for wool.
5. Women in state affairs are like monkeys in glass-houses.
6. Better an idle house than a bad tenant.
7. The doorstep of a great house is slippery.
8. Don't talk about a rope in the house of someone whose father was hung.
9. It is easier to demolish a house than to build one.
10. Cleaning the house will not pay the rent.
11. An empty house is better than a bad tenant.
12. A house divided will soon fall.
13. When everybody's house is on fire go home and look at your own chimney.
14. Keep your house and your house will keep you.
15. Don't take a slate off your own house to put on your neighbor's.
16. A guest should be blind in another man's house.
17. A whistling woman and a crowing hen will bring no luck to the house they are in.
18. Do not be talkative in an alehouse.
19. It's bad manners to talk about ropes in the house of a man whose father was hanged.
20. One eye in the corner is sharper than two about the house.
Proverbs about House
Quotes related to House by Power Quotations