32 Kenya Proverbs / Page 2
21. One does not slaughter a calf before its mother's eyes.
22. One finger alone cannot kill even a louse.
23. Seeing is different from being told.
24. Soon found soon lost.
25. Talking with one another is loving one another.
26. The important things are left in the locker.
27. There is no cure that does not cost.
28. There is no phrase without a double meaning.
29. Those who get to the river early drink the cleanest water.
30. Thunder is not yet rain.
31. Try this bracelet: if it fits you wear it; but if it hurts you, throw it away no matter how shiny.
32. Virtue is better than wealth.