42 Lamba Proverbs / Page 2
21. Mother carry me, and I tomorrow will carry you.
22. Mr. Not-present was the brave man.
23. One doesn't follow a wild beast into its lair.
24. One mouth doesn't taste the beer.
25. People get to know one another when traveling.
26. Respect a little child, and let it respect you.
27. The insolence of shortness is to stretch itself big.
28. The judge also dies.
29. The owner of the skin is the one to tan it.
30. The tortoise stores its wisdom in his shell.
31. There is no return, worse luck; for could I return, I would foresee what has come into the country.
32. They are happy, the free men that have their fathers.
33. We celebrated at the wax door, and all the time the honeycomb was empty within.
34. What is not bitter is good to eat.
35. What makes the drum pleasing is the song.
36. What nature gives us is not refused.
37. What one won't eat by itself, one will eat when mixed with other food.
38. When there is on a red-hot hoe, it is not grasped.
39. Where there is a friend, one does not have to call, he will come of his own accord.
40. Words in conversation are like beans, one breaks them off where they are ripe.