182 Moroccan Proverbs / Page 3
41. Do not judge a man by the whiteness of his turbin, soap is bought on credit.
42. Do not respond to a barking dog.
43. Do not shoot a glass arrow into a painted deer.
44. Don't cross the bridge till you come to it.
45. Either do as your neighbors do, or move away.
46. Endurance pierces marble.
47. Even as a solid rock is unshaken by the wind, so are the wise unshaken by praise or blame.
48. Even the loftiest of mountains begins on the ground.
49. Evening promises are like butter: morning comes, and it's all melted.
50. Every beetle is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother.
51. Every dog thinks of his own fleas as gazelles.
52. Every rose has a thorn as its friend.
53. Exert effort, you shall be rewarded.
54. Few desires, happy life.
55. For he who builds his casbah out of halava; beware the nibblers.
56. For the sake of a single rose, the gardener becomes servant to a thousand thorns.
57. Friendship is honey - but don't eat it all.
58. Friendship is honey -- but don't eat it all.
59. Friendship is honey, but don't eat it all.
60. He is a good storyteller who can turn a man's ears into eyes.