28 New Zealander Proverbs / Page 2
21. The block of wood should not dictate to the carver.
22. The land is a mother that never dies.
23. The more you ask how much longer it will take, the longer the journey will seem.
24. The prudent embark when the sea is calm -- the rash when it's stormy.
25. Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
26. Walk in the valley of our ancestors, learn of the history, and marvel at the beauty.
27. When one chief falls, another rises.
28. Who lives in a quiet house has plenty.