25 Nigerian Proverbs about TimeAll Nigerian Proverbs | Proverbs about Time
1. He who waits for a chance may wait for a long time.
2. Not to know the good we have Till time has stolen the cherish'd gift away, Is cause of half the misery that we feel, And makes the world the wilderness it is.
3. The frog does not jump in the daytime without reason.
4. When the next house is on fire, 'tis high time to look to your own.
5. A toad does not jump around in the daytime, unless something is after its life.
6. The day you are leaving is not the time to start your preparations.
7. Without knowing a way thoroughly at day time, never attempt to pass it at night.
8. It is a lazy man who says "it is only because I have no time that my farm is overgrown with weeds".
9. We do not use our bare feet to search for hidden thorns which we have seen in day time.
10. The gods only hear one wish at a time, and nothing more.
11. An ant-hill that is destined to become a giant ant-hill will definitely become one, no matter how many times it is destroyed by elephants.
12. The bottom of wealth is sometimes a dirty thing to behold.
13. It is an unthinking man who achieves prosperity, and then finds with time, that his body can no longer pass through the door.
14. One must have to wait till the evening of one's life time to know what gratitude to pay to one's guardian spirit.
15. Sometimes the rain might force a man more than once to seek shelter under the same tree.
16. When a soup is unpalatable, and the paste of the pounded yam that goes with it is not smooth, that is the time to know a man who loves to eat pounded yam.
17. At a time a cockerel matures, it begins to crow to tell the world the time of day.
18. A lizard that fell from the top of a tree wastes its time looking back to where it fell from; if there was anything good the lizard deserved, it could not have missed it while it was there on top of the tree.
19. Money has the capability of making people laugh; but when they laugh, the foolish ones sometimes forget to close their mouths.
20. It is for saying that he has no time that the monkey's body became over-grown with long hairs.
Proverbs about Time
Quotes related to Time by Power Quotations