21 Nigerian Proverbs about TreeAll Nigerian Proverbs | Proverbs about Tree
1. A tree does not move unless there is wind.
2. A tree is best measured when it's down.
3. A tree is known by its fruit.
4. No sane person sharpens his machete to cut a banana tree.
5. The lizard that jumped from the high iroko tree said he would praise himself if no one else did.
6. If all seeds that fall were to grow, then no one could follow the path under the trees.
7. The family is like the forest. If you are outside, it is dense; if you are inside, you see that each tree has its own position.
8. You can't jump from one tree to another but you can from one man to another.
9. We live by hope, but a reed never becomes an Iroko tree by dreaming.
10. A single tree can not make a forest.
11. If a child shoots and arrow that reaches the top of a tall palm tree, then it must be that an elderly person carved the arrow for him.
12. When a sickle is drawn, it in turn draws the tree to which it is hooked.
13. It is from a small seed that the giant Iroko tree has its beginning.
14. It is one person in a street that kills a dog and the street is named a street of dog killers.
15. Sometimes the rain might force a man more than once to seek shelter under the same tree.
16. When the roots of a tree begin to decay, it spreads death to the branches.
17. It is the toothless animal that arrives first at the base of the fruit tree, to eat his fill before others arrive.
18. The tree that cannot shed its old leaves in the dry season, cannot survive the period of drought.
19. How can man be remembered when the giant trees in the forest are soon forgotten.
20. A lizard that fell from the top of a tree wastes its time looking back to where it fell from; if there was anything good the lizard deserved, it could not have missed it while it was there on top of the tree.
Proverbs about Tree
Quotes related to Tree by Power Quotations