92 Scottish Proverbs about BetterAll Scottish Proverbs | Proverbs about Better
1. Better be ill spoken of by one before all than by all before one.
2. A friend by thee is better than a brother far off.
3. A thread will tie an honest man better than a chain a rogue.
4. Better bend than break.
5. Better half hanged than ill married.
6. Better to be a cuckold and not know it than to not be one and everybody say so.
7. Better to be off with the old love before we be on with the new.
8. Better wear out shoes than sheets.
9. Forsake not God till you find a better master.
10. Money is better than my lord's letter.
11. Better keep the devil at the door than turn him out of the house.
12. Cutting out well is better than sewing up well.
13. He that has one sheep in the flock will like all the rest the better for it.
14. Better to be ill spoken of by one before all than by all before one.
15. Better to bend than to break.
16. If better were within, better would come out.
17. Better saucht w' little aucht than care wi' mony cows.
18. A bold foe is better than a cowardly friend.
19. Better rough an' sonsy than bare an' donsy.
20. Better be sonsy than soon up.
Proverbs about Better
Quotes related to Better by Power Quotations