26 Scottish Proverbs about HearAll Scottish Proverbs | Proverbs about Hear
1. Children speak in the field what they hear in the house.
2. When the heart is full the tongue will speak.
3. It ill becomes a carpenter to be heavy-handed, a smith to be shake-handed, or a physician to be tenderhearted.
4. Were it not for hope the heart would break.
5. Changes o' wark is a lightening o' hearts.
6. Hae you gear, or hae you nane, tine heart a' is gone.
7. A fu' heart never lied.
8. God keep ill gear out o' my hands; for if my hand ance get it, my heart winna part wi't, sae prayed the gude earl of eglinton.
9. Bairns speak i' the field what they hear i' the ha'.
10. Pierce the naggers tongue with a thistle and you will hear no more complaints.
11. A blythe heart makes a blooming look.
12. A light purse makes a heavy heart.
13. An ill shearer nexer gat a good hook.
14. A sorrowfu' heart's aye dry.
15. Faint heart never won a fair lady.
16. Hae gars a deaf man hear.
17. Have ye gear have ye nane, tine heart and a's gane.
18. He winna send you away with a sair heart.
19. Let never sorrow come sae near your heart.
20. Set a stout heart to a stay brae.
Proverbs about Hear
Quotes related to Hear by Power Quotations