26 Scottish Proverbs about WifeAll Scottish Proverbs | Proverbs about Wife
1. Choose your wife with her nightcap on.
2. Never take a wife till you know what to do with her.
3. Choose your wife on saturday, not on sunday.
4. Fleas and a grining wife are waukrife bedfellows.
5. He that has lost a wife and sixpence has lost sixpence.
6. A toom pantry makes a thriftless gudewife.
7. A man's best fortune, or his worst is a wife.
8. Crooked carlin, quoth the carle to his wife.
9. Flaes and a girning wife are wakerife bed fellows.
10. Mony wyte their wife for their ain thriftless like.
11. My son's my son aye till he get a wife, my daughter's my daughter a' the days of her life.
12. Nae man can thrive unless his wife let him.
13. Never seek a wife till ye ken what to do with her.
14. Ye have tane't upon you as the wife did the dancing.
15. A grunting horse and a graneing wife seldom fail their master.
16. He that has a wife has a maister.
17. I winna mak a toil o' a pleasure, quo' the man when he buried his wife and was asked to speed it up.
18. I'm but beginning yet, quo' the wife when she run wud.
19. It's a' outs an' ins, like Willie Wood's wife's wame.
20. Lang straes are nae motes, quo' the wife when she haul'd the eat out o' the kirn.
Proverbs about Wife
Quotes related to Wife by Power Quotations