84 Scottish Proverbs about YourAll Scottish Proverbs | Proverbs about Your
1. Never draw your dirk when a blow will do it.
2. Never let your feet run faster than your shoes.
3. Take care of your pennies and your dollars will take care of themselves.
4. Choose your wife with her nightcap on.
5. I would as soon see your nose be cheese, and the cat get the first bite of it.
6. If ye had as little money as ye have manners, ye would be the poorest man of all your kin.
7. Wink at small faults, for you have great ones yourself.
8. Never go to the devil and a dish-clout in your hand.
9. To marry is to halve your rights and double your duties.
10. E'ening grey and a morning red, put on your hat or ye'll weet your head; e'ening red an' a morning grey is a taiken o' a bonny day.
11. Choose your wife on saturday, not on sunday.
12. I would rather be your bible than your horse.
13. They that see but your head dinna see your height.
14. Save yourself frae the deil and the laird's bairns.
15. Be a friend to yoursel and others will.
16. Count siller after a' your kin.
17. Count not your chickens before they are hatched.
18. I bake nae bread by your shins.
19. It is the best spake in your wheel.
20. It will be a feather out of your wing.
Proverbs about Your
Quotes related to Your by Power Quotations