24 Sicilian Proverbs about HouseAll Sicilian Proverbs | Proverbs about House
1. If your neighbor's house is afire, fetch water to save your own.
2. Timely rain cheers my soul; water and sun during seeding, inspires hope; the rains of April and May are late at night; then the good mornings, will be the wealth of the houses.
3. The husband who lacks affection is like a house that lacks a roof.
4. When God wants to help you, he comes all the way to your house.
5. Who likes you well will come to your house.
6. Blessed is the house that has a son who is a cleric.
7. The man makes the house and not the dowry.
8. Don't buy houses near convents nor dwellings near abbeys.
9. The horns are dry but they keep the house in plenty.
10. January chicks fill the hen house, August chicks fill the baskets.
11. A son who is a priest is the wealth of a house.
12. A house without a woman impoverishes.
13. If Messina had gardens Palermo would be a bunch of poor country houses.
14. When the ox is at the slaughterhouse everyone comes running with their knives.
15. If you go fishing and catch nothing, go to the henhouse and get eggs.
16. Having a priest in the house is paradise on earth.
17. Don't confide secrets to your wife, don't rent if your house has a pergola, don't have cops as a godfathers.
18. Don't let the chicken into the hen house in January.
19. If you have to have animals in your house, don't have either a dog or a cat with a red coat.
20. A neat house and a messy vineyard.
Proverbs about House
Quotes related to House by Power Quotations