28 Sicilian Proverbs about WaterAll Sicilian Proverbs | Proverbs about Water
1. If your neighbor's house is afire, fetch water to save your own.
2. Water does harm but wine makes you sing.
3. Water does harm but wine comforts.
4. Timely rain cheers my soul; water and sun during seeding, inspires hope; the rains of April and May are late at night; then the good mornings, will be the wealth of the houses.
5. Water and sun make work, water and wind make grain.
6. Take care of the manger and water the animals at the drinking trough.
7. No matter how often a pitcher goes to the water, it is broken in the end.
8. We're many rivers from the same water.
9. One who believes everything he's told is as naive as one who fetches water with a sieve.
10. In fair weather, in calm waters and in peaceful travel, even a coachman knows how to sail.
11. Water, advice, and salt unasked for should not be given.
12. When fava beans are flowering, apply water in torrents.
13. Both water and fire need to be treated with respect.
14. Don't confront water and fire.
15. A granita doesn't cost much; still it's just water, wine is better.
16. The promises of love and the smoke of a chimney, washed by water and blown away by the wind.
17. May waters drench peasants and lords or gentlemen, as many of them as it encounters.
18. Ring the bells for whoever eats snails and drinks water, because he's dead.
19. Ahi! I'm dying! Give me a hot water bottle and a cloak.
20. When in March sun and water are taking turns with water and sun, the mules end up doing the carrying.
Proverbs about Water
Quotes related to Water by Power Quotations