390 Swedish Proverbs / Page 2
21. A stern creditor is a poor payer.
22. A successful writer has a good memory and hopes that others do not have it.
23. A tiny one seems arrogant.
24. A woman is the last judgement of the man.
25. Advice should be viewed from behind.
26. After the rain the grass will grow; after wine, conversation.
27. Alder fences don't last more than a year.
28. Alike children play the best.
29. All are children.
30. All are not men that wear trousers.
31. All are not virgins that carry wreaths.
32. All cannot have the Bishop for uncle.
33. All days' evening is not come.
34. All fools are brothers.
35. All is not for all.
36. All roads lead to Rome.
37. All that glitters is not gold.
38. Alms do not decrease, going to church does not hinder.
39. Amen, said the minister, he hit the old lady in the head with the New Testament.
40. An accident rarely comes alone.