115 Welsh Proverbs / Page 2
21. Adversity comes with instruction in his hand.
22. All waiting is long.
23. An Angel on the road, a Devil at the fireplace.
24. Anger is the mother of treachery.
25. At the end of the song comes payment.
26. Bad news goes about in clogs, Good news in stockinged feet.
27. Be a friend to yourself, and others will.
28. Be honorable yourself if you wish to associate with honorable people.
29. Better a friend at court than gold on the finger.
30. Better a good shilling than a dud sovereign.
31. Better educated than wealthy.
32. Better my own cottage, than the palace of another.
33. Better the rod that bends than one that breaks.
34. Birds of a color fly to the same place.
35. Birds of the same colour fly to the same place.
36. Breaking her hip is the old woman's fault.
37. Conscience is the nest where all good is hatched.
38. Death considers not the fairest forehead.
39. Do good and then do it again.
40. Every bird relishes his own voice.