54 Xhosa Proverbs / Page 2
21. Like the marriage feast of Mapassa.
22. Misfortune of soup made of shanks and feet.
23. No partridge scratches the ground in search of food for another.
24. One does not become great by claiming greatness.
25. One fly does not provide for another.
26. One who eats the remains of a meal without first obtaining permission.
27. The baldness of a head begins at the temples.
28. The coming of Nkele.
29. The crab has stuck fast between the stones at the entrance of its hole.
30. The foot has no nose.
31. The land is dead.
32. The mist and the sun are together.
33. The people who rescue and kill.
34. The shield turned the wrong way.
35. The sun never sets without fresh news.
36. The walls have come into collision.
37. The wonderful and the impossible have come into collision.
38. There is no beast that does not roar in its den.
39. There is no wormwood that comes into flower and does not wither.
40. They are people of experience who do not sleep at a strange place.