44 Zimbabwean Proverbs / Page 2
21. If God gives you leprosy, look to your own past misdeeds.
22. If words fail no others will avail.
23. If you can envision it, You can accomplish it. If you can imagine it, You can reach the heavens.
24. If you can walk you can dance, if you can talk you can sing.
25. If your mouth were a knife, it would cut off your lips.
26. In the world of books, the mind-set of the reader is of great importance.
27. Ones neighbours problems, does not induce one to lose their appetite over them.
28. Passion is of greater consequence than facts.
29. People who do not mend things first will never produce something.
30. Proverbs can be applied to get what you want.
31. Strength is like milk - it is inexhaustible.
32. The forest provides food to the hunter after they are exhaustingly tired.
33. The monkey does not see his own hind backside; he sees his neighbor's.
34. The more help in the cornfield the smaller the harvest.
35. The old man gives the best advice.
36. Those who eat alone, die alone.
37. Two experts never agree.
38. Two rats cannot share the same hole.
39. Until the lion tells his side of the story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
40. We will be grateful to flowers only if they have born fruits.