497 Proverbs about Devil / Page 2
21. Hold a candle to the devil.
22. In time of war the devil makes more room in hell.
23. Let the devil get into the church, and he will mount the altar.
24. "Like will to like," as the devil said to the coal-burner.
25. One man is another's devil.
26. Places are God's; placemen are the devil's.
27. Raise no more devils than you can lay.
28. Revenge in cold blood is the devil's own act and deed.
29. Set a beggar on a horse and he'll ride to the devil.
30. Talk of the devil, and his imp appears.
31. The devil catches most souls in a golden net.
32. The devil dances in an empty pocket.
33. The devil finds work for idle hands to do.
34. The devil is civil when he is flattered.
35. The devil is in the details.
36. The devil is never so black as he is painted.
37. The devil likes to souse what is already wet.
38. The devil looks after his own.
39. The husband's mother is the wife's devil.
40. Were a woman rules the house, the devil is serving-man.
Quotes related to Devil by Power Quotations