988 Proverbs about Give / Page 2
21. He who gives to the poor, lends to the Lord.
22. He who gives, must take.
23. Long borrowed is not given.
24. Many look with one eye at what they give, but with seven at what they receive.
25. Many take by the bushel, and give with the spoon.
26. Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue.
27. Never give advice unasked.
28. Never give the skin when you can pay with the wool.
29. Of what use is it that the cow gives plenty of milk, if she upset the pail.
30. Small undertakings give great comfort.
31. The cow gives milk through her mouth.
32. The cows that low most give the least milk.
33. The more light a torch gives the shorter it lasts.
34. The will gives the work its name.
35. To give quickly is to give doubly.
36. Truth gives a short answer, lies go round about.
37. We give to the rich, and take from the poor.
38. What you give, is written in sand; what you take, with an iron hand.
39. Whatever is given to the poor, is laid out of the reach of fortune.
40. Who receives, should thank; who gives, should be silent.
Quotes related to Give by Power Quotations