858 Proverbs about Long / Page 2
21. Invalids live longest.
22. Long borrowed is not given.
23. Long choosing and cheapening ends in buying nothing, or bad wares.
24. Long fasting is no economy of food.
25. Long foretold, long last; short notice, soon past.
26. Long is not for ever.
27. Long-talked-of comes at last.
28. More belongs to riding than a pair of boots.
29. Not every ass has long ears.
30. Nothing is so new as what has long been forgotten.
31. One ass nicknames another "Long-ears."
32. One cannot keep peace longer than his neighbour will let him.
33. One log does not burn long by itself.
34. Princes have long hands and many ears.
35. Revenge does not long remain unrevenged.
36. Scratching and borrowing do well enough, but not for long.
37. Singed cats live long.
38. The nearer the inn, the longer the road.
39. The wise man has long ears and a short tongue.
40. They are not all cooks who carry long knives.
Quotes related to Long by Power Quotations