30 Proverbs about Onion
1. He fasted for a whole year and then broke his fast with an onion.
2. A dealer in onions is a good judge of scallions.
3. A cat has nine lives, as the onion seven skins.
4. An onion will not produce a rose.
5. I speak of garlic, you reply about onions.
6. Give even an onion graciously.
7. Onions, smoke, and a shrew, make a good man's eyes water.
8. If thou hast not a capon, feed on an onion.
9. If there is only bread and onions, still have a happy face.
10. Give graciously -- even an onion.
11. Better to have bread and an onion with peace than stuffed fowl with strife.
12. He fasted for a whole year and then broke his fast with an onion.
13. He who walks through a field of onions, will smell like an onion.
14. Onions, smoke and women bring tears to your eyes.
15. An onion shared with a friend tastes like roast lamb.
16. Only bread and an onion? Your life's still an open one.
17. He fasts and fasts, then he breaks his fast with an onion.
18. The onion of the beloved is a sheep.
19. Life is an onion and one cries while peeling it.
20. Life is an onion that you peel crying.
Quotes related to Onion by Power Quotations