1046 Proverbs about Time / Page 3
41. Parsley seed goes nine times to the Devil.
42. The best driver will sometimes upset.
43. The reputation of a man is like his shadow; it sometimes follows and sometimes precedes him, it is sometimes longer and sometimes shorter than his natural size.
44. The threatener sometimes gets a beating.
45. 'Tis sweet at certain times to drop the sage.
46. To rise at six, eat at ten, sup at six, go to bed at ten, makes a man live years ten times ten.
47. To wash an ass's head is but loss of time and soap.
48. Tough times don't last but tough people do.
49. Turn your tongue seven times before speaking.
50. Very hard times in the wood when the wolves eat each other.
51. Buy when it is market time.
52. Cowards may die many times before their death.
53. He who is always drinking and stuffing, will in time become a ragamuffin.
54. He who would succeed at court, must lie sometimes low, sometimes high.
55. In time of war the devil makes more room in hell.
56. Little and often makes a heap in time.
57. No one can blow and swallow at the same time.
58. Once upon a time, no time.
59. One must glean at harvest time.
60. Put out the fire betimes, ere it reach the roof.
Quotes related to Time by Power Quotations