43 African Proverbs about BirdAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Bird
1. Two birds disputed about a kernel, when a third swooped down and carried it off.
2. If your cornfield is far from your house, the birds will eat your corn.
3. No one knows if a bird in flight has an egg in its stomach.
4. If a bird does not recognise a tree, it will not rest on it.
5. The corpse of a bird does not decompose in flight, but on the ground.
6. By coming and going, a bird constructs its nest.
7. In the birds' court, a cockroach never wins his case.
8. The hunter who is tracking an elephant does not stop to throw stones at birds.
9. A bird that flies off the earth and lands on an anthill is still on the ground.
10. A bird doesn't alert his fellow bird that a stone is coming.
11. A bird doesn't forget one who killed off his feathers during the rain season.
12. A bird may fly off the earth and land on an anthill, but it will still be on the ground.
13. A bird that prays for rain will find its self soaked.
14. A bird with fire on its tail burns its own nest.
15. A butterfly thinks itself a bird because it can fly.
16. A feather is just a delicate thing when removed from a bird because it carries the bird everywhere in the world.
17. A fish and bird may fall in love but the two cannot build a home together.
18. A restless grasshopper eventually ends up in a birds teeth.
19. A severely under paid hungry teacher in a renovated, well-equipped classroom, can perform just as well as a bird without feathers can do in a hanging, decorated cage.
20. Birds sing not because they have answers but because they have songs.
Proverbs about Bird
Quotes related to Bird by Power Quotations