27 African Proverbs about DownAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Down
1. If you climb up a tree, you must climb down the same tree.
2. Two birds disputed about a kernel, when a third swooped down and carried it off.
3. When a needle falls into a deep well, many people will look into the well, but few will be ready to go down after it.
4. A small axe is not sufficient to cut down a large tree.
5. As the dog said, "If I fall down for you and you fall down for me, it is playing."
6. He who is too sure of himself and acts without thinking is heading for his downfall.
7. People should not talk while they are eating or pepper may go down the wrong way.
8. Where the cattle stand together, the lion lies down hungry.
9. As the dog said, 'If I fall down for you and you fall down for me, it is playing.'
10. A lizard longs to sit down but its tail doesn't let it.
11. Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
12. He who burns down his house knows why ashes cost a fortune.
13. If you choose to lie down with dogs, you must be prepared to wake up with fleas.
14. If you wait for the downfall of the king, god will not make it sound.
15. It is only when you look down that you can see your nose.
16. Negotiate with your enemy whilst you are a strong and formidable force, and he will always fear and respect you, but negotiate at the brink of defeat, and he will trample you down.
17. Never insult your enemy while you're laying down unless there is someone else standing by.
18. The downfall of a man is not the end of his life.
19. The downfall of man begins with pride.
20. The nail that sticks out is the one that gets hammered down.
Proverbs about Down
Quotes related to Down by Power Quotations