24 African Proverbs about FishAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Fish
1. In the great river there are large and small fish.
2. Hunger makes the big fish come out of hiding in the great river.
3. You cannot think you could teach a fish to swim.
4. "What's all the fuss?" said the crane after the eel had slipped away. "I never liked fish anyway."
5. A fish and bird may fall in love but the two cannot build a home together.
6. A fish will not live out of water but will prefer air to hot water.
7. Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
8. Being a swimmer and spending time in the water does not make you a fish.
9. For the fisherman, the fun is over when the fish are in the net.
10. Give me a fish and I will eat today, teach me to fish and I will eat for a lifetime.
11. If a cat wants to look after your fish don't believe him.
12. If the fish comes out of the river to tell you that the crocodile has one eye, you should believe it.
13. If water were enough, fish would not take bait.
14. It is hard even for the most selfish man to eat fish in the darkness.
15. It s the discontented fish that envies the solely bird.
16. Living near a lake doesn't mean you eat fish whenever you need.
17. No matter how huge a hook may be it cannot catch fish in a river.
18. No matter how long a stick may stay in a river, it will never change into fish.
19. The fish starts to rot from the head.
20. The fish that dirties the water will forever swim in dirty water.
Proverbs about Fish
Quotes related to Fish by Power Quotations