414 Proverbs about Fish / Page 2
21. Big fish do not live in small ponds.
22. Boat-swalling fish do not live in brooks.
23. The jellyfish never dances with the shrimp.
24. One who waits patiently will catch a big fish.
25. The net of the sleeper catches fish.
26. If you cannot catch a fish, do not blame the sea.
27. The best fish hook cannot catch limp cheese.
28. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life.
29. If you want happiness for an hour -- take a nap. If you want happiness for a day -- go fishing. If you want happiness for a month -- get married. If you want happiness for a year -- inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime -- help someone else.
30. All rotten fish taste the same.
31. Don't climb a tree to catch a fish.
32. Fuel is not sold in a forest, nor fish on a lake.
33. Govern a family as you would cook a small fish -- very gently.
34. He who sees heaven in the water sees the fishes in the trees.
35. If you are not a fish, how can you know if the fish are happy?
36. It is no good going to the river just wanting to catch a fish; you have to take a net as well.
37. Life is like a candle in the wind; like frost on the roof; like the wriggling of the fish in the pan.
38. The fish you cannot catch is always a big one.
39. There are people that fish and those who just disturb the water.
40. There is a time to fish and a time to dry the nets.
Quotes related to Fish by Power Quotations