777 Japanese Proverbs
1. A bad wife is a poor harvest for sixty years.
2. A bad wife is one hundred years of bad harvest.
3. A bath refreshes the body, tea refreshes the mind.
4. A bean-jam rice cake into the open mouth.
5. A beautiful woman is like an axe in one's life.
6. A bee stinging a crying face.
7. A boat that is not tied up will drift along with the stream.
8. A borrowed cat catches no mice.
9. A boy living near a buddhist temple can learn an untaught sutra by heart.
10. A buddha's face when asked three times.
11. A centipede, though dead, will not fall.
12. A clever hawk hides its talons.
13. A coin to a cat.
14. A country can be conquered from the back of a horse but may not be ruled in the same manner.
15. A crooked top on a crooked kettle.
16. A crying child thrives.
17. A dead cherry tree will not blossom.
18. A dog that walks around will find a stick.
19. A dying man discovers the honesty with which he was born.
20. A faithful wife does not marry again.