55 African Proverbs about LongAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Long
1. However long the night, the dawn will break.
2. For tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.
3. As long as the white man stutters, the interpreters have a lot of work.
4. If sweetness be excessive, it is no longer sweetness.
5. A marketplace is not the pace for a husband and wife to argue. However long the night may last, there will be a morning. Daylight follows a dark night.
6. No matter how long the night is, the morning is sure to come.
7. No matter how long the night is, the morning is sure to come.
8. The cat and the mouse can't be neighbors for long.
9. Work is good, as long as you don't forget to live.
10. Shall we kill a snake and carry it in our hand when we have a bag for putting long things in?
11. A baby on its mother's back doesn't know the journey is long.
12. A canoe peddler doesn't tell the crocodile he has along snout until he's crossed the river.
13. A child doesn't belong to the father or mother; a child belongs to the ancestors.
14. A cowardly hyena lives longer.
15. A dog that belongs to every one will die of hunger.
16. A girl's patience can only be recognised by how long she keeps her virginity.
17. A lizard longs to sit down but its tail doesn't let it.
18. A long lasting visitor grinds the wine.
19. A long-tailed animal doesn't jump over fire.
20. A man has to hold his mouth open a long time before a roasted partridge flies into it.
Proverbs about Long
Quotes related to Long by Power Quotations