37 African Proverbs about LookAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Look
1. A fool looks for dung where the cow never browsed.
2. When a needle falls into a deep well, many people will look into the well, but few will be ready to go down after it.
3. Even if a baby seems unpleasant to look at, his mother never refuses him.
4. Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped.
5. A stern look is not a slap in the face.
6. The very fact that we are looking for something usually stands in the way of our finding it.
7. You can tell a ripe corn by its look.
8. Looking at a king's mouth one would never think he sucked his mother's breast.
9. A weapon that you don't have in your hand will not kill a snake. Looking for something can get in the way of finding it.
10. If you want to eat a toad, you should look for a fat and juicy one.
11. A person who has not secured a place on the floor should not begin to look for a mat.
12. A person who is always looking at the sky will never discover anything on the ground.
13. A person who wants to see is people progress must first set to look into their tradition.
14. Banish a strong man, banish a strong man but when there is war you will look for the strong man.
15. Before you begin to trade in blame look in the mirror.
16. Don't look at the visitor's face but at his stomach.
17. Don't look into the eyes of your lover, or you will see what he has told many women before.
18. Even if you close your eyes while looking in the mirror the image remains yours.
19. If a cat wants to look after your fish don't believe him.
20. If nakedness promises to cloth you then look at its name.
Proverbs about Look
Quotes related to Look by Power Quotations