34 African Proverbs about MotherAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Mother
1. A child's fingers are not scalded by a piece of hot yam which his mother puts into his palm.
2. Even if a baby seems unpleasant to look at, his mother never refuses him.
3. When a mother has twins she must sleep on her back.
4. You cannot hear a baby cry in the mother's womb.
5. He whose mother is naked is not likely to clothe his aunt.
6. Repetition is the mother of knowledge.
7. The calf is not afraid of the mother's horns.
8. Looking at a king's mouth one would never think he sucked his mother's breast.
9. He who has not traveled widely thinks that his mother is the best cook.
10. A baby on its mother's back doesn't know the journey is long.
11. A child can play with its mother's breasts, but not its father's testicles.
12. A child doesn't belong to the father or mother; a child belongs to the ancestors.
13. A child doesn't breast-feed from a stepmother if its mother is still alive.
14. A child who is fearless is going to bring tears to his mother's eyes.
15. A child who protested when being stripped on the back by its mother, it's humbled by the scorching sun when left to walk.
16. A father voodoos with his son and a mother voodoos with her daughter.
17. A lamb takes after its mother.
18. A mother cannot give birth to something bigger than herself.
19. A mother of twin should have impartial breasts.
20. Every frog is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother.
Proverbs about Mother
Quotes related to Mother by Power Quotations