32 African Proverbs about RiverAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about River
1. In the great river there are large and small fish.
2. Hunger makes the big fish come out of hiding in the great river.
3. The river does not move straight because it is alone.
4. If you have escaped the jaws of the crocodile while bathing in the river, you will surely meet a leopard on the way.
5. The camel and his driver -- each has his own plan.
6. A canoe peddler doesn't tell the crocodile he has along snout until he's crossed the river.
7. A man gets to the land of spirits when he passes seven rivers, seven forests and seven hills.
8. A man who lives on the banks of the river should not wash his hands with spittle.
9. A river doesn't flow through the forest without felling the trees.
10. A river doesn't run straight because there was nobody to advise it.
11. A river that forgets its source will soon dry out.
12. Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
13. Do not speak badly of a crocodile when your leg is in the river.
14. However long the dry season takes a seasonal river will never forget where it used to pass.
15. If the fish comes out of the river to tell you that the crocodile has one eye, you should believe it.
16. If you live by the river you can hear the crab cough.
17. It's useless to tell a river to stop running; the best thing is to learn how to swim in the direction it's flowing.
18. Money is like the waters of a sailing river it flows away.
19. No matter how tough the current of a river may be it is the calabash that triumphal over the river.
20. No matter how huge a hook may be it cannot catch fish in a river.
Proverbs about River
Quotes related to River by Power Quotations