32 African Proverbs about SnakeAll African Proverbs | Proverbs about Snake
1. A weapon which you don't have in your hand won't kill a snake.
2. The venemous snake cannot be seen in the Savannah.
3. The mouse says: I dig a hole without a hoe; the snake says: climb a tree without arms.
4. A man does not run among thorns for no reason; either he is chasing a snake or a snake is chasing him.
5. He who takes a light to find a snake should start at his own feet.
6. Marriage is a snake to slip into your handbag.
7. When the snake is in the house, one need not discuss the matter at length.
8. A weapon that you don't have in your hand will not kill a snake. Looking for something can get in the way of finding it.
9. Shall we kill a snake and carry it in our hand when we have a bag for putting long things in?
10. A dog cannot eat a bone tied to a snake.
11. A green grass in the green snake.
12. A hungry man will thrust his fingers into a snake's hole in search of a grasshopper.
13. A lazy man's farm is the breeding ground for snakes.
14. A lizard can't be a snake even without its limbs.
15. A snake and millipede can both craw on their bellies but this doesn't make them brothers.
16. A snake can shade its skin but it still remains a snake.
17. An empty hand doesn't kill a snake.
18. Even when a snake doesn't bit, do not put your finger in it's mouth.
19. He who doesn't know how a snake smells shouldn't walk into the forest.
20. If all snakes live together in one place who would approach them.
Proverbs about Snake
Quotes related to Snake by Power Quotations