22 American Proverbs about WiseAll American Proverbs | Proverbs about Wise
1. What a fool does in the end, the wise man does in the beginning.
2. Wise men learn from other men's mistakes; fools insist on learning from their own.
3. A fool can ask more questions in a minute than a wise man can answer in an hour.
4. By others' faults wise men correct their own.
5. Change of fortune hurts a wise man no more that a change of the moon.
6. A fool might be counted wise if he kept his mouth shut.
7. A wise duck takes care of its bill.
8. A wise man learns by the experiences of others; an ordinary man learns by his own experience; a fool learns by nobody's experiences.
9. A wise man's day is worth a fool's life.
10. Admitting error clears the score and proves you wiser than before.
11. Better a kindly fool than a proud wise man.
12. Follow the wise few rather than the vulgar many.
13. Fools make feasts and wise men eat them.
14. Fools need advice most, but wise men only are the better for it.
15. From errors of others a wise man corrects his own.
16. He is a fool who cannot be angry but a wise man who will not.
17. It is better to sit with a wise man in prison than with a fool in paradise.
18. None but the wise man can employ leisure well.
19. Quiet people, whether wise or dull, get the benefit of the doubt.
20. The fool wanders; the wise man travels.
Proverbs about Wise
Quotes related to Wise by Power Quotations