611 Proverbs about Wise / Page 2
21. Penny wise, and pound foolish.
22. Experience is the teacher of jesters and the intelligence of the wise.
23. God forgives sinners, otherwise His heaven would be empty.
24. The biggest fools are those who are paid to be wise.
25. The praise of a thousand jesters counts for nothing against the reprimand of one wise man.
26. The wise person has long ears and a short tongue.
27. To question a wise man is the beginning of wisdom.
28. The speaker may well be a fool but the listener is wise.
29. Due to the presence of fools wise people stand out.
30. A wise man does not lose his way, a brave man does not fear.
31. If you have only two pennies left in the world, with the first penny, you should buy rice to feed your family. With the second penny, say the wise Japanese, you should buy a lily. The Japanese understand the importance of dreaming...
32. You are wise to climb Mt. Fuji, but a fool to do it twice.
33. With money in your pocket, you are wise, and you are handsome, and you sing well too.
34. If you have money, men think you are wise, handsome, and able to sing like a bird.
35. Do not be wise in words - be wise in deeds.
36. All receive advice. Only the wise profit from it.
37. Think with the wise, but talk with the vulgar.
38. The wise man shapes himself to circumstances as water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it.
39. A single conversation across the table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books.
40. A wise man adapts himself to circumstances, as water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it.
Quotes related to Wise by Power Quotations