253 Bajan Proverbs
1. 'Kanywanjui' scratches its thigh.
2. A branch of 'mutundu' does not hinder the division of a field.
3. A cat can look at de queen.
4. A fair daughter's father has no ears.
5. A good action reaps another.
6. A good friend is a treasure.
7. A good millstone does not meet a good miller.
8. A joke can break the earring.
9. A joke must not hit the belly.
10. A knife and a shaving-knife are alike.
11. A little idleness causes the ruin of the beehive.
12. A little idleness lost a tilled field.
13. A man is poor not because he scorns possessions, but because he possesses nothing.
14. A person will change his mind on something if left to sleep over it.
15. A plant loses its blossom as soon as it bears fruit.
16. A really good thing is ever good.
17. A slaughterhouse is not without a little blood.
18. A small red snuff-box is a welcome.
19. A son as cunning as his father knows the arrows like father.
20. A stupid turtle-dove is sometimes surprised by night for wanting one more grain of castor-oil plant.