51 Bengali Proverbs
1. 13 festivals in 12 months.
2. A handful of love is better than an oven full of bread.
3. A spared body only goes twenty-four hours further that another.
4. Any new saint-to-be has his miracles to make.
5. As long as there will remain two men on Earth, Jealousy will reign.
6. As the master is away the workers take rest.
7. At night one takes eels, it is worth waiting sometimes.
8. Complete idiot who can keep silent, to a wise man is similar.
9. Desire of God and desire of man are two.
10. Don't sell eggs in the bottom of hens.
11. Earth is old, but it is not mad.
12. Fire with seasoned wood and work with flexible people are easy.
13. Five minutes of health comfort the ill one.
14. Flesh of man - mends itself.
15. Good remains are nice to have.
16. Half-carried - a well-built load.
17. Half-truth is more dangerous than falsehood.
18. He who gets the grace of the women is neither hungry nor thirsty.
19. Inside a well-nourished body, the soul remains longer.
20. It is easier for the son to ask from the father than for the father to ask from the son.