190 Bulgarian Proverbs
1. A crow a crow's eyes doesn't peck.
2. A crow will never be a dove.
3. A fortress surrenders from within.
4. A gentle word opens an iron gate.
5. A good cock can never have too many hens.
6. A good friend is recognized in times of trouble.
7. A Good son needs no inheritance, the bad needs none.
8. A Haughty person will not even reach down to take his own nose if it had fallen to the ground.
9. A house without a woman is like a fire without a bucket.
10. A Joke may have children born.
11. A lie has no legs.
12. A lie's legs are short.
13. A lion lurks in everyone's heart; awake him not.
14. A person is known by the company he keeps.
15. A Single hand cannot wash itself even in the Danube river.
16. A song belongs to no one.
17. A tree falls the way it leans.
18. A word about to be spoken is like a stone that is ready to be thrown.
19. A Word makes no hole, a pinch tears no underskirt.
20. An axe without a shaft is no threat to the forest.