71 Burmese Proverbs
1. 1 day 1 yard. Bagan won't move.
2. A diligent person will soon prosper.
3. A genuine ruby wont sink and disappear in mud.
4. A good character is real beauty that never fades.
5. A hero only appears once the tiger is dead.
6. A ship-load of fish gets spoiled, because of 1 spoiled fish.
7. A stitch in time saves nine.
8. A stupid act entails doing the work twice over.
9. Alertness and courage are life's shield.
10. An unmarried woman is not honored, even if she has 10 brothers.
11. Anyone can fancy his bed as a palace.
12. Be deligent when there's time.
13. Before the bending arm straighten, or before the straighten arm bends.
14. Beware of a man's shadow and a bee's sting.
15. Bone in chicken, relatives in man.
16. Calling out for mother, only when you stumble.
17. Collect the water while it rains.
18. Do use a needle in time, or you might need an axe later.
19. Don't be a sling bag.
20. Don't use up your arrows before you go to battle.