20 Chinese Proverbs about DownAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Down
1. Easy to run downhill, much puffing to run up.
2. Never do anything standing that you can do sitting, or anything sitting that you can do lying down.
3. Of all meat in the world drink goes down the best.
4. One cannot manage too many affairs; like pumpkins in water, one pops up while you try to hold down the other.
5. Parents who are afraid to put their foot down usually have children who step on their toes.
6. Virtue: climbing a hill; vice: running down.
7. A louse cannot lift the eiderdown.
8. Deep down all men are alike -- and that is the problem.
9. No iron is so strong that it cannot be melted down, and no business so dirty that can be fixed with money.
10. The poor ones give their alms in a humble way, the rich man throws them down with contempt.
11. The scholar builds the cities, the woman knocks them down.
12. Virtue: climbing a hill; vice: running down.
13. Whoever keeps his door locked all the time longs for it to be broken down.
14. Do not tear down the east wall to repair the west wall.
15. When a centipede dies on the wall it does not fall down.
16. Drinks down your sorrow, but your sorrow returns the morning after.
17. Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
18. Love your neighbors, but do not pull down the fence.
19. An iron rod can be ground down to become a needle.
20. A person moves up while water runs down.
Proverbs about Down
Quotes related to Down by Power Quotations