18 Chinese Proverbs about RiceAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Rice
1. A country where flowers are priced so as to make them a luxury has yet to learn the first principles of civilization.
2. Gold and silver are mingled with dirt, till avarice parted them.
3. Gold has its price; learning is beyond price.
4. He that has no money might as well be buried in a rice tub with his mouth sewn up.
5. If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.
6. Talk does not cook rice.
7. Without rice, even the cleverest housewife cannot cook.
8. A teacher is someone who ploughs with his tongue to fill his little bowl with rice.
9. If you are planning for one year, grow rice. If you are planning for 20 years grow trees. If you are planning for centuries, grow men.
10. If you don't want to be cheated, ask the price at three shops.
11. It's better for people to wait for rice, than rice for people.
12. Talking doesn't get your rice cooked.
13. You can live with tea and cold rice but not with cold words.
14. If you want to avoid being cheated, ask for prices at three different stores.
15. Talk doesn't cook rice.
16. Ask no favors and people everywhere are affable; if you don't drink, it doesn't matter what price wine is.
17. Anyone can buy a good house, but good neighbors are priceless.
18. One bee makes no honey; one grain makes no rice soup.
Proverbs about Rice
Quotes related to Rice by Power Quotations