19 Chinese Proverbs about StillAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Still
1. Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
2. Be not afraid of going slowly; be only afraid of standing still.
3. Do not fear going forward slowly; fear only to stand still.
4. Virtuous for ten years is still not enough; evil for one day is too much already.
5. We can study until old age and still not finish.
6. A man grows most tired while standing still.
7. A man is happy when he has books, but happier still when he does not need them.
8. Even a tower a hundred yards tall has still its foundations on the ground.
9. Even when a girl is as shy as a mouse, you still have to beware of the tiger within.
10. He who stands still in the mud sticks in it.
11. The jail is closed day and night and always full; temples are always open and still empty.
12. To make good conversation there are a thousand subjects, but there are still those who cannot meet a cripple without talking about feet.
13. A one hundred yard high tower still has its foundation on the ground.
14. If a girl seems as shy as a mouse, you still have to look out for the tiger within her.
15. An aged steed confined to the stable still aspires after the glory of galloping a thousand miles.
16. A dish of carrot hastily cooked may still has soil not cleaned off the vegetable.
17. The lotus root may be severed, but its fibered threads are still connected.
18. One monk shoulders water by himself; two can still share the labor between them. When it comes to three, they have to go thirsty.
19. You looked high and low till your iron shoes were worn out but still to no avail. Then you chanced upon it without ever looking.
Proverbs about Still
Quotes related to Still by Power Quotations