61 Chinese Proverbs about TimeAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Time
1. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
2. With time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown.
3. If you get up one more time than you fall you will make it through.
4. An inch of time cannot be bought with an inch of gold.
5. If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.
6. If you must play, decide on three things at the start: the rules of the game, the stakes, and the quitting time.
7. Nature, time and patience are the three great physicians.
8. One step at a time is good walking.
9. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is today.
10. To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping.
11. Transgressions should never be forgiven a third time.
12. We forget even incense in easy times; come hard times, we embrace the Buddha's feet.
13. Who teaches me for a day is my father for a lifetime.
14. As long as time is not pressing one does not burn incense; when it becomes urgent one kisses the feet of Buddha.
15. Before you prepare to improve the world, look around your own house three times.
16. Better to be a dog in peacetime that a man in wartime.
17. Distance tests a horse's strength; time reveals a marls character.
18. Do everything at the right time and one day will seem like three.
19. Do not confine your children to your own learning, for they were born in another time.
20. Going into a country the first time, ask what is forbidden; on entering a village, ask what are the customs; on entering a private house, ask what should not be mentioned.
Proverbs about Time
Quotes related to Time by Power Quotations