24 Chinese Proverbs about WiseAll Chinese Proverbs | Proverbs about Wise
1. A fall into a ditch makes you wiser.
2. A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.
3. A single conversation across the table with a wise man is worth a month's study of books.
4. A wise man adapts himself to circumstances, as water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it.
5. A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion.
6. A wise man takes his own decisions; the ignorant goes with the crowd.
7. A wise man will not rebuke a fool.
8. He who travels a lot becomes wise; he who is wise stays home.
9. No matter how much the wise man travels, he always lives in the same place.
10. No wise man takes responsibility for an eighteen-year-old daughter.
11. The conversation of the wise concerns ideas; that of the intelligent is about ideas; the common folk talk about food.
12. The fool does what he can't avoid, the wise man avoids what he can't do.
13. The wise man and the tortoise travel but never leave their home.
14. The wise man asks questions of himself; the fool questions others.
15. The wise man doesn't say what he does but he never does what can't be said.
16. The wise man forgets insults as the ungrateful forget benefits.
17. The wise man learns more from his enemies than a fool does from his friends.
18. Wise men are never in a hurry.
19. The wise man shapes himself to circumstances as water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it.
20. The wise adapt themselves to circumstances, as water moulds itself to the pitcher.
Proverbs about Wise
Quotes related to Wise by Power Quotations