28 Dutch Proverbs about HorseAll Dutch Proverbs | Proverbs about Horse
1. A good horse is worth his fodder.
2. A horse may stumble, though he has four feet.
3. A plaster house, a horse at grass, a friend in words, are all mere glass.
4. Asses carry the oats and horses eat them.
5. Beggars mounted ride their horses to death.
6. Better a blind horse than an empty halter.
7. Better be carried by an ass than thrown by a horse.
8. Better ride a good horse for a year, than an ass all your life.
9. Counsel is as welcome to him as a shoulder of mutton to a sick horse.
10. Don't yoke the plough before the horses.
11. Hired horses make short miles.
12. How we apples swim! said the horse-turd.
13. Ill-matched horses draw badly.
14. It is better to ride for half a year on a good horse than to spend your entire life riding on a mule.
15. It's better that the bakers are on horseback than the doctors.
16. One cannot shoe a running horse.
17. Set a beggar on horseback, and he don't trot, but gallops.
18. Sickness comes on horseback, but goes away on foot.
19. Take a horse by his bridle and a man by his word.
20. The best horse stumbles sometimes.
Proverbs about Horse
Quotes related to Horse by Power Quotations