644 Proverbs about Horse / Page 2
21. The horse is not judged of by the saddle.
22. The horse that draws best is the most whipped.
23. There is nothing for which the boors pray so much to God as that the horses of the squirearchy may not die, for otherwise they would ride the boors with spurs.
24. Trust well rides away with the horse.
25. When old horses get warm, they are not easily held in.
26. When the horse dies, dismount.
27. Look not a gift horse in the mouth.
28. A hired horse and one's own spurs make short miles.
29. A golden bit makes none the better horse.
30. Spur not a willing horse.
31. Set a beggar on horseback, and he 'll out ride the Devil.
32. A statement once let loose cannot be caught by four horses.
33. A country can be conquered from the back of a horse but may not be ruled in the same manner.
34. If you would shoot a general, shoot his horse first.
35. Old horses don't forget the way.
36. The stumbling of a fabulous horse.
37. A sutra in a horse's ear.
38. One word let slip and four horses would fail to catch it.
39. A whip even to a galloping horse.
40. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Quotes related to Horse by Power Quotations