23 Dutch Proverbs about LongAll Dutch Proverbs | Proverbs about Long
1. All are not cooks who wear long knives.
2. Creaking carts last the longest.
3. Geese are plucked as long as they have any feathers.
4. He lives long who lives well.
5. He that's long a giving, knows not how to give.
6. He waits long that waits for another main's death.
7. If he waits long enough the world will be his own.
8. It's a long lane that has no turning.
9. Long fasting is no bread sparing.
10. Long looked for comes at last.
11. More belongs to dancing than a pair of dancing-shoes.
12. No one can have peace longer than his neighbour pleases.
13. Shame lasts longer than poverty.
14. That's quickly done which is long repented.
15. The pitcher goes so long to the well that it breaks at last.
16. What is long spoken of happens at last.
17. When many shepherds tend the sheep, they but so much the longer sleep.
18. Who travels for love finds a thousand miles not longer than one.
19. Barnaby bright, Barnaby bright, the longest day and the shortest night.
20. Short reckonings make long friends.
Proverbs about Long
Quotes related to Long by Power Quotations