43 Dutch Proverbs about YourAll Dutch Proverbs | Proverbs about Your
1. Don't throw away your old shoes until you have got new ones.
2. Better have a dog for your friend than your enemy.
3. Better lose your labour than your time in idleness.
4. Better return half way than lose yourself.
5. Better ride a good horse for a year, than an ass all your life.
6. Better stretch your hand than your neck.
7. Caress your dog, and he'll spoil your clothes.
8. Dominies come for your wine, and officers for your daughters.
9. Don't throw away your own shoes till you have got new ones.
10. First catch your hare, then cook it.
11. Give him your finger and he will seize your hand.
12. It is better to blow than burn your mouth.
13. It is better to ride for half a year on a good horse than to spend your entire life riding on a mule.
14. Of listening children have your fears, for little pitchers have great ears.
15. Offer a clown your finger, and he'll take your fist.
16. Precaution said, Good friend, this counsel keep: strip not yourself until you're laid to sleep.
17. Put not all your eggs into one basket.
18. Put not your trust in princes.
19. Roast geese don't come flying into your mouth.
20. Strain not your bow beyond its bent, lest it break.
Proverbs about Your
Quotes related to Your by Power Quotations