75 Faroese Proverbs
1. A boatless man is tied up.
2. A crow likes her own chick the best.
3. A man without a knife, is a man without a life.
4. After a landslide one more can be expected.
5. An eager dog often gets a torn skin.
6. As we are egged on, we rage.
7. Better be a good man's slave than badly married.
8. Better leave something than eating overly much.
9. Better to own it than asking your brother for it.
10. Big rivers are made out of many small brooks.
11. Blind is the bookless man.
12. Burnt child fears the fire.
13. Done by oneself is well done.
14. Every day is not a baking-day.
15. Everything is better than owning nothing.
16. Haste often causes nasty things.
17. He that rows out often, gets fish at last.
18. He who waits gets a tailwind, and he who rows, a harbour.
19. Hear about others, but make it cosy for yourselves.
20. Heavy is an old man's fall.