27 German Proverbs about EyesAll German Proverbs | Proverbs about Eyes
1. A close mouth and open eyes never did any one harm.
2. Abroad one has a hundred eyes, at home not one.
3. All are not asleep who have their eyes shut.
4. Bad eyes never see any good.
5. Buyers want a hundred eyes, sellers only one.
6. He must have keen eyes that would know a maid at sight.
7. He who blows in the fire will get sparks in his eyes.
8. He who does not open his eyes must open his purse.
9. If you don't light fires, smoke won't get in your eyes.
10. Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue.
11. Nought is good for the eyes, but not for the stomach.
12. Self-love is bad, and makes the eyes sad.
13. The cock shuts his eyes when he crows, because he knows it by heart.
14. The eyes believe themselves; the ears believe other people.
15. The wood has ears, the field has eyes.
16. Two eyes, two ears, only one mouth.
17. What the eyes see, the heart believes.
18. Woods have ears, fields have eyes.
19. Bring up a raven, and he will peck out your eyes.
20. Four eyes see more than two.
Proverbs about Eyes
Quotes related to Eyes by Power Quotations